Position: Branch Manager (Peterborough)
An exciting opportunity has become available to join our Peterborough team as Branch Manager.
In this position you will be responsible to leading the SESCO Peterborough team and achieving a determined annual sales and margin objective, while achieving bottom line profitability while encouraging optimal performance of all direct reports.
- Monitoring policies and procedures and making recommendations through consultation with the Operations Manager/ Director of Sales and department heads.
- Monitoring daily performance objectives and making decisions to ensure branch’s objectives are met.
- Participating in establishing and maintaining the goals and objectives set for the branch.
- Developing quality team members as well as a solid customer base.
- Managing and encouraging optimal performance of all direct reports, including training.
- Ensuring a safe and comfortable working environment.
- Providing guidance, direction and monitoring of internal staff, ensuring departments are working effectively towards common goals.
- Ensuring all staff are properly trained for their roles and the training is updated as required.
- Growing sales through developing, coaching and motivating sales and support teams.
- Maintaining inventory levels at optimum.
- Ensuring that customer satisfaction is maintained as per the required Branch Operational Scorecard level.
- Participating in customer calls for sales and technical support [if applicable].
- Assisting with Warehouse and physical plant planning.
- Vendor relations and planning.
- Strategic and future management planning.
- Pricing Maintenance.
- Participating in and/or recommending product training.
- Solving customer / staff / company disputes.
- Maintaining and growing business.
- Outside sales – developing key relationships with customers including frequent on-site visits.
- Managing the Inside Sales staff.
- Managing administrative and CSR functions within the branch.
- Determining sales projections for fiscal year and tracking progress.
- Conducting weekly sales meetings.
- Resolving day to day personnel issues where management decisions are required.
- Representing the Company to the local and industry community.
- Other duties as required.
- High School Diploma required.
- College/University Diploma required [Business, and/or Sales & Marketing, or Technical focus preferred]
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- Minimum 5-7 years of related experience, preferable in a Sales / Distribution environment.
- Previous Management experience required.
We are a full line electrical distributor providing our customers with quality products and exceptional customer service. Our knowledge and expertise in the industry has established us as a dependable source for professionals in the trade. We have 11 branches across the 401 corridor from Belleville to Hamilton. Our team of experienced and knowledgeable staff strive to provide the best quality service always – at our counters, with our deliveries and through our project team.
To ensure we continue to offer you the highest levels of service, we capitalized on the opportunity to become a member of Sonepar. Sonepar is a worldwide electrical distributor represented by over 230 companies operating in 44 countries on five continents. In Canada, Sonepar’s family of companies includes Dixon Electric, Gescan, Lumen, MGM Electric, SESCO and Texcan.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please apply for jobs at www.workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply